Saturday, April 21, 2012

To my wonderful mother...

Just a week ago we celebrated Sonia Grace's birthday...and now we celebrate my mom's birthday. She is the big 40 today! ha...she's getting old.

Many of you know that the past year has not been easy for our family, especially for my mom, nothing life threatening, but life changing. The Lord has challenged us all, but yesterday marked a day that will turn everything around. We have a new beginning, a season of healing for my mom- for all of us. I know that God has placed this in our lives to challenge and strengthen us- not to tear us down.

James 1:17, "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights." He is good and will hold us- no matter what.

From today on- things will be different, God is working in our family. We have a very exciting year ahead of us. Lots of things will be going on. School, camp, Summer With the Arts, and lots more...that I will share later :). God is doing something great AMAZING in our family- I know it. And through this past year of struggles, God has pulled us all through, loving and forgiving us daily.

I am thrilled to see what God has in store for our family in the rest of this year.

Mom- I hope, even though you don't feel too hot, that you have a fantastic birthday. You are such an amazing example of a Godly woman to me and so many others. You have loved people that are not your own, you love them like your children. There are so many people looking up to you, and so many that love you so very much. You are the best mom anyone could ever ask for to me, William, J-man, Sonia and even Amanda. I am amazed at your love for Christ and your trust in Him daily. Thank you for being who you are. I love you.

Your almost oldest daughter :) - Bailey Elizabeth

No comments: