Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I Saw the Light

Ahh.....

I can finally breathe.

Exams were today, and I've never been so grateful to be done(with classical, that is).

This year, in no way, has been easy. There have been many tears...and many hours of frustration. But I made it through...with many people by my side supporting me.

Amanda, Paige, Mary, mom, your support means the world to me and I can't tell you how thankful I am for you,

But most of all, God has helped me through everything. He has helped me through horrible days, continued to strengthen me when I felt like I wanted to give up, and today...he refreshed me of everything I studied this semester for my exams and I feel so proud of what I have accomplished.

This year has been very challenging, I feel like I have learned and accomplished so much that I would have never had the opportunity to do in a public school. I am so thankful for this opportunity to homeschool...and even on the hard days, I have to remember and remind myself that later on I will be so thankful I learned how to study and know how to learn hard material. And though it's been quite rough...next year, oh next year, I have one of my favorite people in the world as my tutor...and well...I'm quite extremely excited. :) And yes I just said I'm excited about school.

The main thing I have learned...other than defending what I believe(don't get me started)...is that God loves me. No matter what. He will never give up. He is always there. Through good and bad. When we are crying. He has placed people in our lives to encourage us and continually be there for us. He's just amazing. And I, after this year, have grown closer to Him...and I feel God has let me struggle through these assignments and this year to teach me that He is all I need, and He will get me through any struggles. And show me that light at the end of the tunnel.

And today- I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. And I breathed a sigh of relief.

Because now I can write a book. And yes, I know I'm a nerd. But hey, that's how God made me! And even after a year of struggling- I'm still thankful for this opportunity to learn, to open my mind...and I'm thankful for everything that God has taught me. He has given me the opportunity of a lifetime- and I'm trying to make the most of each day He is giving me.

~Bailey

P.S. And just incase you didn't pick up on it...I finished Challenge I...and I didn't give up...HA!

No comments: