Saturday, November 26, 2011

Our Sonia Grace...

We all hopped out of the van and onto the red dirt at the orphanage, after a 18 hour long flight- all the day after Thanksgiving. We were getting ready to meet our Sonia Grace for the first time. I had butterflies in my stomach, we were getting ready to meet the little girl I had prayed for such a long time. They walked into the room with Sonia, Cooper, and Grace, and mom immediately teared up and dad got out the camera. They handed Sonia to dad, and she had a look of fear and wonder on her face.





The little girl we met two years ago is not the same little girl who has been playing with her "little people" nativity set today while we put up Christmas decorations(pics coming later). She is now one of the cutest, funniest three year olds you will ever meet. I love this little girl deeply, this little girl from "her wanda"(Rwanda). It's hard to believe that two years ago we met her, two years ago I held her little self for the first time. Many people say that we blessed her, but really, she has blessed us so very much. And we are so thankful for her, so, so thankful for our Sonia Grace.

~Bailey

1 comment:

Hallie said...

I remember seeing all the pictures and the video of my parents meeting our little Cooper for the first time. I share this blessing with you, Bailey. I know just how you feel.
-Hallie :)