Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Moment

Is it really November? It can't be...the calendar has to be wrong. It feels like yesterday was New Years of 2011, and soon we will be celebrating new years 2012. Crazy. It feels that every year of my life is flying by so much faster than I would like it to.

I want to spend all day with Paige, and Mary laughing over Paige stuffing fries in her mouth at Zaxby's.
I want to spend all day with my BFF's, Emily Grace, Anna Gray, Beth, and Breanna, goofing off and being girls.
I want to spend all day singing at the top of my lungs at a Taylor Swift concert.
I want to spend hours in God's word, and letting myself fall deeper in love with God everyday.

I want time to stand still for just a few minutes(or hours or days) so I can appreciate the moment even more. I don't really want to grow up any more than I have now.

I want to stay in 9th grade, and still be a "little girl".
I want to stop growing since I have so many cute clothes, but obviously that's not going to happen just yet.
I don't want to think about college, when I don't know what God is calling me to do after high school.

But the weird thing is...I am looking forward so much that's not in this moment.

I am looking forward to Christmas, and everything that it entitles.
I am looking forward to driving my self to places.
I am looking forward to seeing Sonia grow up to be a Godly young woman.
I am looking forward to see what God is going to do in my life.

But for right now...I'm going to stop trying to think about "Later" and think about today, and what today entitles and appreciate every second of it. It may be crazy that it is already November, but that's life. And our life is incredibly short in God's ultimate plan. This means we need to live it to the fullest, love God with everything we have, and be open to his plan for tomorrow, next week and the rest of our lives, no matter where that will take us.

~Bailey~Philippians 4:13~