Thursday, June 21, 2012

I guess everything ends...

Have you ever read a book, and it was so good you wanted to finish it, but didn't want it to end?

I have, twice now.

Oh, Little Women. I feel like part of me is dying.

I have way less than 100 pages left, such a small portion of the book. Ya'll, I've read 100 pages since MONDAY. I just love it, I feel like we(the book and I) are emotionally attached.

I know, it's sad, but not for me. Books, reading, writing- they are my passion(and Jesus, and my friends, and my family, and card making but that's besides the point.)...I love them so.

And my dream is not only to have a book published, but to be as good as a writer as Louisa May Alcott. I cherish her writing, I get consumed with her characters and the life they live. And(spoiler alert) when Laurie proposes to Jo and she refuses him, it KILLS me every.single.time. And yesterday as I read that chapter, I almost cried and you know I never cry. They are supposed to be together...anyway...

I feel like I know the deepest feelings of Jo, Beth, Amy, Meg, Laurie and all the other fantastic characters. In fact, if Laurie proposed to me right now, I'd say yes.

I just love it. And I want to read it over and over and over again. I don't care what other people say, I feel like these characters are living right around me.

I've read this book twice now, and I would start it again as soon as I finish it(but I'm not going to, don't worry).

I feel like part of me is dying...and I'm so sad to finish the book, but every good, great and wonderful thing has to come to an end at some point. So it might as well be now.

As I have learned so much about faith, love, family and writing from my favorite author of all time....grieve with me, as I read the last pages of my beloved Little Women.....

Have a wonderful rest of your week and weekend!

Oh, if you haven't read this book- you MUST read it!

~Bailey

1 comment:

Aidyl Ewoh said...

I’ve read it. =0
~Aidyl