Friday, December 17, 2010

A kid again

Sometimes I feel like a kid again. Those older than me would say that I am still a kid, but I see myself as a teenager(after all I am 13). On Christmas eve, when little kids can barely wait to open their presents the next day, I still feel the same way. When you wake up on Christmas morning and you see 6:15 on the clock and you know that it is Christmas morning and you are so excited, and even though your parents told you not to, you go wake your siblings up so you can go open presents. I still feel the same way. When your parents put all the presents under the tree, and you wake up and shake them to try and guess what they are, you get so excited. I feel the same way, I do the same things. Even though some people don't see me as a kid, I feel like one at times, and I wish I could go back and do some of the things I used to do. For example, me and my best friend color when we watch movies together. I really want to go back to build a bear and make a monkey dressed with under wear and a little pink dress with bows in her hair, I would name her Bridget. Some days I want to go in my room and play american girls for hours. I want to play baby dolls with Sonia. There are so many things that make me act like a kid, things I want to do and things that make me feel like a child.

Do you ever feel the same?

~Bailey~Psalm 56:3~

4 comments:

Anna Gray said...

AMEN! When my brother and I went over to our cousins house a few months ago, Rachael (almost 9) and I played Barbies and baby-dolls for HOURS. And I have to say, it was uber fun! I would totally go back into Build-a-Bear again (I did just last year), and yes, I get ecstatic when it comes to Christmas morning! ^_^

Does this mean we're nerds? Not a chance, ^_^

Mary said...

I just love you Bailey! I still get this way at Christmas and made a Build-a-Bear for my birthday! And I'm 17! :D
Being a kid is the best thing you can do!
This post just made me smile!
Love you!

Unknown said...

Always- being a kid is my favorite. Why do you think I babysit so much? It's an excuse to hang out with some of my favorites and giggle and laugh and be silly and childish. Had SO much fun with you tonight Bailey B.

:)

Love you!

Hallie said...

Oh Yeah! I definatelly( did I spell that right?)know what you are talking about. I have that feeling probably as much as you, Bailey. Being called for supper... Bye!